When observing in the field, it is important for a CSETI field team to be alert for a significant variety of phenomena that are associated with ET activity. These include phenomena that impact on the full range of senses including visual, remote viewing, hearing, touch, smell, and emotional. It is sometimes possible to determine the efficacy of a suspected craft by using CE-5 protocols including light/laser signals or thought/mind requests for a response signal indicative of a true ET craft. The following list includes phenomena and responses that have been observed by many CSETI working groups in the field at many locations throughout the world. Any additional information on phenomena would be welcome and will be added to the list.
Visual – Sky – Night time sightings
Incoming ET craft can often appear to look like a meteor, however, sometimes they act very different then a normal meteor.
- They may move more slowly than a normal meteor.
- A second meteor follows the same path through the sky within seconds.
- They move across the sky in a horizontal manner.
- Their flight path changes directions sometimes by as much as 90 degrees or they zigzag in flight.
- A number of meteors fall along the same path during the evening.
- They respond to thought command to change direction
- They just feel different (hard to really describe or nail down)
- They are larger, brighter, and more spherical.
- They don’t have a tail.
- They flash bright or get dimmer on their own or in response to being signaled at with a spot light or laser light.
- They may enter a building through a window. This phenomenon was seen by a CSETI team in England in July 1997. A distinct blue-white sphere moved through the sky in an arc from behind a large tree and entered the window of the house where Dr. Greer and Shari Adamiak, inside, saw it appear as a small, shimmering ET.
- They may be huge, brightly colored, and streak directly down from the apex of the sky and go into the ground with no explosion, disturbance of the ground, etc. A CSETI team witnessed a bright teal object do exactly this in Joshua Tree National Park in November 1996.
Satellites move at a constant speed across the sky and are usually seen during the first few hours after sunset. They may appear with a constant brightness or may pulse in a regular fashion as the satellite rotates reflecting sunlight. Some satellites (i.e. Iridium types) may flash very brightly as the sun glint from their solar panels reflects to the ground. Constant speed and course characterize real satellites. Low level satellites usually traverse the sky from zenith to horizon in 2-4 (?) minutes. ET craft or ARVs (Alien Reproduction Vehicles – made on earth) can travel at speeds ranging from virtually standing still (hovering) to speeds allowing them to traverse the width of the sky in a fraction of a second to several seconds. They also can change speed and direction more rapidly than conventional aircraft.
- Satellites are visible until they gradually fade from view. Anomalous “satellites” suddenly disappear, or if viewed through powerful night-vision binoculars, can be seen to dart swiftly into space at an angle perpendicular to their earlier trajectory.
- ET craft may change direction or speed or may change brightness sometimes in response to a directed thought or signal such as a powerful flashlight or laser.
- ET craft may also appear at any time of the night unlike normal satellites.
Here we refer to objects that appear to be stars at first observation, but act differently in the following manners.
- They blink off and on, sometimes randomly, sometimes moving slightly between the blinks. We observed a whole “squadron” of craft one evening in Sedona that blinked off and on for 10-15 minutes in one area of the sky. When a laser was pointed at one of the craft it glinted off the craft. Night vision scopes can be useful in determining the number of craft if they are far away.
- A star-like object appears on or near the horizon (most common though they can be most anywhere) and remains there motionless for a long period of time (minutes to hours). These are often dismissed as a star until it suddenly flies off, changes brightness, or fades out in a cloudless sky. It may also change its appearance in response to signals.
- Some stars twinkle actively and change colors, twinkling white, green, and red, especially when they are near the horizon. So do some UFOs. A star-like object may be seen in the sky, and over a period of a few hours, may be observed to move east while all the other stars in the sky move west. This phenomenon was observed by a CSETI team in England in 1997. A large, twinkling “star” was seen to move from behind one large tree and travel 30 degrees across the sky and disappear behind another tree, while all the other stars moved in the opposite direction.
(Air) Plane-like UFOs:
Here we refer to airplane-like objects that are lighted and fly like planes, but are not planes. They may be either ET craft or ARVs (Alien Reproduction Vehicles – made on Earth).
- Although all planes are required by the FAA to flash or strobe lights at night, some planes and some UFOs do not. (Is this true?) In Sedona, AZ, a CSETI team watched a probable ARV fly by silently, with no flashing lights in the company of military reconnaissance jets. Its speed, odd lighting and silent behavior made it appear very anomalous, although at first glance it looked like another plane in the night sky.
- Usually flashing or strobing planes that sound like jet or prop engines are normal planes, however totally silent planes may be UFOs (or ARVs), note the sound of other “planes” in the same area of the sky.
- Any plane that appears to be silent should be watched very carefully even though it may appear to be a perfectly normal plane. ET craft can be cloaked to appear perfectly normal. In Crestone, CO, several years ago, a group of CSETI workers observed a small private plane fly very low right over the group in total silence, and then proceed into a mountain canyon and just disappear. Many of the witnesses later reported seeing the plane in different colors.
Orbs and Lights
- Depending on their size and proximity to the observer, these objects may appear as single star-like objects up to round glowing objects of varying sizes. They are often a uniform amber or gold in color though they can appear in various colors. Airplane landing lights are often mistaken for orbs, but can usually be differentiated by noting the light’s location (such as proximity to an airport), strobing lights and/or associated red and green navigation lights.
- Orbs often will remain stationary for a period of time though they do move about as well. Lights may be any color and can appear singly or in groups. Group lights may be either individual craft flying together or a single large craft with lights on the outer edges such as observed over the Santa Barbara channel or Phoenix, AZ. Flares, often dropped by the military to confuse observers after a genuine sighting has occurred, float downwards at different rates and give off smoke seen above the floating lights. Since they fall at different rates, a line of flares will often have a jagged appearance after several minutes.
- These often appear as small spots of light (like a laser spot) or small globes that may appear within several 100 meters or as close as touching a working group member. These are often considered to be probes and either contain intelligence or are under intelligent control (the difference may be academic). They can move about, change intensity and just appear and disappear.
- They can also appear as amber-colored “street lights”, and may even be mistaken for street lights until they suddenly disappear, or are seen in rural fields where there are no street lights (e.g. the “golden orbs” often seen in Wiltshire, England).
- Close orbs can also be very misleading when they are initially observed and mistaken for people with flashlights or other simple explanations. For example a small group of very experienced CSETI team members described the following observations in Sedona one night in November, 1998. “…..I saw four lights behind J. which I thought at the time were shining from the road. There were three lights, light amber in color, roughly the size of an average flashlight, in an uneven row. To the right of the 3 amber lights was a dull red light at least twice the size of the others. In the red light there seemed to be a small grid-like pattern. There were no beams coming from the lights. The four lights then moved rather irregularly to the right and out of my sight. I then commented to the others that I had seen some lights and perhaps there were people on the road. Every one commented that they hadn’t heard anything and there certainly was dead silence on the site.” …” I kept thinking about the lights that I had seen and finally asked D. to shine the big light in the direction I had seen the lights. When she shined the light it did not illuminate the road – the road was too far down the ramp to be seen – it illuminated the edge of the mesa at least 20 feet behind the truck. That’s where I had seen the lights, no more than 40 feet (roughly) from where we were sitting! The lights had moved to the right behind the truck out of sight and had not reappeared.”
Very Large Orbs:
- Observers (CSETI and others) in England in 1998 twice saw a very large (3X full moon) orange globe rise above the horizon, then dip back below, then rise again before it suddenly disappeared. This object was observed on two nights, in different directions each night. The second night, after it rose above the horizon for the second time, it “dissolved” as it disappeared, and several British military jets and helicopters appeared in the area within 30 seconds, even dropping a flare in the vicinity of where the object had been seen.
- Although orb appearances may be for extended time periods (minutes to hours) sometimes they appear so quickly, one has to be looking in just the right direction to see one. In Joshua Tree in 1997, 5 to 6 CSETI team members observed a globe-like object 1/4 to 1/3 the diameter of the nearly full moon appear to the left and below the moon and travel to the right and below the moon and then just vanish all in just a few seconds.
These objects (craft) are often observed under starlit skies with minimum moonlight and may be moving or still. They may appear as rapidly moving black objects (unlit) that stand out against the star field and can range in size from small to apparently huge.
- For example, in 1997, a group on Mount Blanca, CO watched a rectangular cloud form over the top of the mountain on a cloudless night. A few minutes later a black object was seen to fly up, out of the cloud, which then disappeared.
- More examples of these darting black objects were seen by a CSETI team in Hawaii in 1998 through a foggy mist.
There are times when a craft hovering just beyond the crossing point of light will cause a distortion in the star field. It will appear as though there are heat waves or shimmering even though no object can be seen. There are other times when a small portion of the sky may appear darker than the surrounding sky. This may be indicative of a hovering cloaked craft. These distortions have been observed both at a distance and close to an observing group when a craft was either just above a group or surrounding a group.
- In England in 1998, the beam of a powerful laser directed at an area approximately 25 feet from the group was distorted/bent when it hit the edges of a cloaked object on the ground (and partly on a river).
Grids and energy fields
Some observers have reported seeing a manifestation of energy grids in the sky which appear as lines of light which may sparkle or fade in and out. These can often be very subtle and therefore not seen by every member of the team. However, on Mt. Blanca several years ago nearly everyone in the group was able to see energy sparkles all over the mountain, appearing like lightening bugs from a distance.
Flashlight or Camera-like Flashes
Flashes of light have appeared in mid-air, with no apparent source.
- In England in 1997, two flashlight-like streams of light burst horizontally amid a group of people, but others surrounding the group were not using their flashlights.
- In Hawaii in 1998, four CSETI observers witnessed two flashes within a few feet of the group, as though flash photos had been taken, but there were no cameras nearby.
Close Proximity Events with a Craft beyond the Crossing Point of Light
There are a number of signs to look for in the event that a craft has approached a group in the field and is just beyond the crossing point of light. We will assume that there may also be ETs on the ground nearby or among the observing group. Although a craft or ETs may be observed at any time by someone skilled at remote viewing techniques, we will deal here with phenomena observed more typically with the “usual” senses. The use of slightly out-of-focus or “soft eyes” will often aid in seeing. Different observers will observe some, none, or all of the following. Seeing with both your physical eyes and the mind requires practice.
If the craft is close to the crossing point of light there may be “bleed through” and the craft may be partially visible, or perhaps just a sparkling is apparent to some. This sometimes appears as a faint glow or even a scintillating full form of a ship. Craft may appear either whitish or in soft colors. Keep in mind that craft may also become totally visible to everyone on the team. Both types of phenomena have been observed numerous times by CSETI field teams.
During an event, members of the group may sense or observe some, none, or all of the following:
- A sense of body warming.
- A sense there is an increase in the surrounding temperature.
- An apparent change in atmospheric pressure, which can be felt in observers’ ears.
- A decrease in wind – a stillness or quietness feeling perhaps leading to the feeling of warming mentioned above.
- Body vibrations from barely detectable to full-out shaking.
- Hair on head, arms or legs stands up (pilo erection)
- Sounds including: buzzing, humming, clicking, or strange, otherworldly screeching (sometimes heard by only some of the observers).
- Radar detectors setting off for no obvious reasons.
- Animals in the area will respond with howling, barking, etc. Animals will often respond to ET presence before humans are aware of it.
- Scents or smells including ozone and flowers scents such as violets, roses, carnations, sage, etc.
- Emotional feelings especially that of warmth and love, sometimes so strong that people are moved to tears.
- If ETs are on the ground nearby or among the CSETI team, which has happened many times, the following additional phenomena have been observed:
- Shuffling sounds on gravel or rustling branches, leaves, or grasses.
- Strange breathing or coughing sounds.
- Soft and gentle touches.
- Sparkling lights moving around and within the group. The lights can appear as small probes or as vertical forms or shapes of light often greenish or white.
- When a bare hand is moved though the light forms the hand will sparkle as though there was an electrical discharge
- The appearance of the ETs may range from just areas of faint sparkly light to indistinct shapes to fully visible entities with clothing, facial features, and hands, etc. all fully distinguishable. It should be noted that different people will see the ETs very differently, even when the people are standing beside each other, so that some report seeing nothing, others a slight shimmering or shadows, and others can describe the ET in detail. Often however, what is observed is just dark or fuzzy forms near the group as described by this team member observing in a small group in Sedona. “We had been visiting for about an hour when I noticed a fairly tall form to the right of the tree . It was upright and the same shade as the tree. I kept having a running conversation with myself that went, “Is that part of the tree or is that a life form” and “It really looks familiar but it can’t be a life form, so it must be part of the tree.” It didn’t move, but I kept an eye on it. I have no idea why I didn’t tell the others what I was seeing.” She later described: “We decided to call it a night and started to pack up at which point I looked to see if the form by the tree was still there – it was gone. I stood in the spot where I had seen the form and estimated that it must have been at least six to seven feet tall.” She added that she has seen this type of very tall form at least four other times.
- If the ETs are being “projected” into the area and a person walks into the projection area or “energy field”, there is a distinct feeling of soft pleasant warmth as one passes into the “field”.
- Interactions between ETs and individual group members range from just a sense of presence to loving personal acknowledgement to full telepathic conversations. The sense of love is almost always present, no matter the level of the interaction, and is truly wonderful and unforgettable. The conversations are typically non-verbal. Field observers have reported shimmering-light ETs that have stood in front of them or sat at (on) their feet for prolonged times.
- The ground around the group may appear colored such as emerald green or red. Some observers have noted complex geometric shapes and forms or beautiful unusual pictures while interacting with the ETs. These colors, forms, pictures may occur with the observers eyes both open in the “soft eyes” mode or closed. One observer described the experience as though the ETs were sharing beautiful art with him.
- If the field team has been surrounded by a craft, partially in the ground and partially above, members can sometimes see structural parts of the interior of the ship depending on how visible the ETs make it and the persons ability to ‘see’. This is when there is a feeling of quiet, warmth, the star fields may appear to distort and there is often a strange sense of time distortion. Often when the craft leaves there is a distinct brightening around the group.
- Some or all the above interactions may also occur in this situation and when they do, it is truly a wonderful “out of this world” experience.
Group members may bi-locate.
- In England in 1998, seven people sitting in a circle in a pasture were engulfed by a craft. The air became still, as though the wind were blocked, the temperature rose 10-15 degrees, and many ETs were perceived among the group of people. While remaining ever conscious of sitting in the pasture, the group was also conscious of looking down at Earth from space (through a window in the bottom of the craft) and joining the ETs in a meditation for the healing of the planet.
Other “Strangeness” Happenings added by Tony Craddock
These happenings by themselves appear as isolated “funny things that happened to me the other day while out observing or at home ” yet taken as a group they may indicate some sort of interaction or communication by someone with perhaps a sense of humor. This is just a sample of some of the types of things that have happened.
- Randy’s flashlight being disassembled in his lap during CTS and the pieces scattered round him and his sleeping bag.
- The ETs insistence in locking Pat’s door on my car. Being a Metro, it is 100% mechanical. We were at the jobsite a couple of weeks ago, and she heard a click as it was locked once again while she was standing next to it. Doors were locked and interior lights were turned on SG’s car while we were in Hawaii.
- Smells. After the last night at Sedona had an overpowering smell of sage in my room all night (no, it was not toilet freshener!).
- C. being on-line the day after a fieldtrip, her phone rings, and she carries on a conversation while still logged on to the Internet…..she only has one phone line, and it is not dedicated.
- Washing machines, dryers turning themselves on, and their doors being left open (C.)
- Microwaves turning on. VCRs turning on and off and locking up. Squawking noises being broadcast thru pocket dictaphone, and machine locking up.
- Logged on to Internet, and while in Quicken, program skips to an entry two years back and highlights a check written to someone whose name Pat was trying to remember….of course this could also have been a mental feat.
- Pieces of toilet paper appearing to flutter around the sky in the dark of night (of course this could have been toilet paper if the night was windy!)
- Being touched onsite or having a sleeve tugged.
- Having pictograms beamed into your head – half inside, half outside, the bedroom pulsating with light visible with eyes open and closed……..AJC
- SG sees UFO while we are chatting on the phone.
- And many many more.